Smart Partnerships – Shaping the future together
Virtual Karlsruhe delegation at the occasion of the MCCIA Pune International Business Summit
As the annual delegation trip of the “India Board Karlsruhe” to the partners in Maharashtra cannot take place this year due to the current circumstances, Karlsruhe is proud to be an active partner in this year‘s “Mahratta Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture" (MCCIA) light house event, at the beginning of march 2021 - the "Second Pune International Business Summit"
Karlsruhe is a real pioneer in building Indo-German partnerships. Back in 2014 the city opened an own representative office in Pune – and the chamber MCCIA has been a key partner and a reliable friend over the years. “We can look back to many successful events together, leading to investment, projects and many ways of collaboration”, so Business Development Department Karlsruhe. Currently, Karlsruhe is positioning itself as a hub for Artificial Intelligence (AI), particularly in conjunction with other innovation fields such as Energy and Mobility concepts.
Besides that, Karlsruhe invites you to become part of our strong ecosystems for internationalizing startups. Not only trade fair formats in innovation fields but also cultural highlights such as our “India Summer Days Festival” or the “Light Show” on the palace façade (part of the UNESCO City of Media Arts program) are a major point of attraction. Strong clusters, a great location and a warm climate are just some more factors that should make you consider investing in Karlsruhe.
The unique combination of a point of contact both on the Pune and the Karlsruhe side offer you in depth handholding during all steps of exploring a new market – with strong and active participants in the network.
The opening, 1 March, 9 am (IST), with the Inaugural Session is with Dignitaries from Central and State Government, Dr. Anup Wadhawan-Secretary, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India, Mr. Dammu Ravi, Additional Secretary, Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, Dr. Atif Khan, Joint Director, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India, and a Video Message of State Minister of Baden-Wuerttemberg Theresa Schopper.
Session II, Special Session on Future of Manufacturing – Technology, is with Dr. Prith Banerjee, Chief Technology Officer, Ansys Inc., Speakers from India and also with Dr. Uslaender, Fraunhofer IOSB - Head of Department Information Management and Process Control
Session III, 12 am IST, is about Success Stories from Pune in International Business with Mr. Schmalz from the “India Board Karlsruhe”
Session IV, 1.45 pm (IST), is the Addresses by Diplomats, also Dr. Jüergen Morhard, Consul General for Germany in Mumbai
Session V, 3 pm (IST) it the Address by Mr. Amit Yadav, Director General of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Commerce, Government of India
The “Session VI” will take place on the first day, 01 March, 3.30 pm to 4.45 pm (Indian time) with partners from Karlsruhe and the State of Baden-Württemberg.
- Introduction to Representative Office of City of Karlsruhe and State of Baden-Württemberg
- Video Message Lord Mayor Dr. Frank Mentrup including Mr. Martin Wacker, Head of Karlsruhe Event (KME), video about the city of Karlsruhe and how it dealt with the pandemic
- Video Message Lord Mayoress Margret Mergen including a short video of Baden-Baden
- Britta Wirtz, Head of Karlsruhe Exhibitions & Fairs (KMK): “Future of trade fairs and learnings of the pandemic, hybrid event formats”
The Session AI deals with the topic of Artificial Intelligence
- Ralf Eichhorn, WiFö: “Intro of ArtificiaI Intelligence Park Karlsruhe”
- Prof. Dr. Wendland, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), www.kit.edu, Senior Researcher: „Trustworthy AI“
- Sergey Biniaminov, CEO, "HS-Analysis", www.hs-analysis.com: "How to make professional AI in medical image analysis affordable for everyone” With the help of the specially written deep learning architecture, active and transfer learning, HS Analysis sets the global standard in diagnostic prediction and early detection of rare diseases or types of cancer.
- Dr. Manuel Vermeer, "Dr. Vermeer Consult", www.vermeer-consult.com: “Doing business with Germans. Market entry, HR, cultural implications. A short guide”. Business guides with 30 years of experience in Asia. The aim is to successfully manage business with India, understand culture, lead employees and organize negotiations.
- Ceren Akbaba, CyberForum: "CyberLab: Startups make their ideas fly."
- Julian Zix, GINSEP “Opportunities for Startups in Germany“
- Fraunhofer Institute Stuttgart/ UTBW / LBIT “Digitization in Water Management in the Smart City of Solapur“
- Anna Krywalski, bw-I, Ashish Pandit (BW) “Introduction of a new Matchmaking Platform”
5:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. The “Session VII” deals with the topic Invest in Pune
- Vikram Kumar (IAS)-Municipal Commissioner,Pune Municipal Corporation Municipal Commissioner,Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation
- Suhas Diwase (IAS), Metropolitan Commissioner and Chief Executive Officer-Pune Metropolitan Region Development Authority
The second day, 02 March, Session is anchored by Dr. Anand Deshpande, Vice President-MCCIA and Founder, Chairman and Managing Director-Persistent Systems Ltd, Mr. Mahantesh Hiremath-President Elect, American Society for Mechanical Engineers, Mr. Sanjay Kulkarni – Managing Director Pilz India Pvt. Ltd., Dr. Atif Khan, Joint Director-Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India, and industry Representative from Pune.
"A year ago I had the opportunity to lead a high-ranking delegation of entrepreneurs, experts and other members of the India Board Karlsruhe to Pune, Nagpur and Mumbai", so Lord Mayor Dr. frank Mentrup: "I have fond memories of the many personal encounters and valuable conversations on various occasions. To this day, we have benefited from the political, economic and cultural cooperations, from which new, unique projects are constantly emerging."
"We are very happy to be a partner of the lighthouse event of our cooperation partner", say the representatives of Business Development Department Karlsruhe. "We are able to build bridges in times of a global pandemic with our partners at MCCIA Pune." After the success of the first Pune International Business Summit of MCCIA in March 2020 with a stand by the India Board and a presentation, a high-ranking delegation from Karlsruhe is now taking part virtually in this hybrid edition.
The main focus is on maintaining good contacts between Pune and Karlsruhe - and the main topics are: pPolitical framework through greetings from Mayor Dr. Mentrup, Karlsruhe, and Ms. Mayor Mergen, Baden-Baden, expert lectures from the field of artificial intelligence, future of the trade fair and event sector, start-up ecosystems as well, location marketing and market entry.